About the Church
Indian Hill Church is one of the rarest churches in the country, successfully embracing both the Presbyterian and Episcopal expressions of Christian faith. This dual-denomination community has served the people of Indian Hill for almost 75 years and is a testament to ecumenicity. A welcoming and affirming congregation, parishioners love celebrating through both styles of worship and are devoted to seeking unity in that which matters most: Jesus Christ.
About the Ministry
The Christian education ministries of Indian Hill truly serve the whole family. Parents are equipped and supported as the most important influence shaping the religious and spiritual lives of their children and youth. Children are known and nurtured as they grow into disciples of Jesus who learn that the God who created them loves them, no matter what. And youth are seen, heard, and walked with while they experience what it means to live out a life of faith.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who’s confident in their ability to care well for a ministry. A leader with skills in both thoughtful organization and relationship building will thrive in this role.
- Direct and support all Christian education programs for children, youth, and families
- Teach competently across multiple age groups and in multiple settings
- Plan, coordinate and manage youth programs
- Engage and empower parents to be involved in the faith formation of their children
- Build opportunities for youth and children to be involved in worship and Christian service
- Build relationships with children, youth, and families, and provide holistic guidance and support as needed
- Work collaboratively with programming and support staff; coordinate directly with Director of Music and Director of Indian Hill Church Nursery School
- Actively participate in all aspects of church life as a member of the leadership team
- Hire, coordinate, and manage nursery staff
- One of the following: PCUSA Certified Christian Educator or Episcopal equivalent, Master’s Degree in Christian Education, Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field with a strong desire to seek further training in Christian Education in either denominational context preferred
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- The interest, maturity, and flexibility to work in a dual denominational environment
- Physical requirements: ability to engage in overnight retreats, outdoor games and activities, mission trips and other physically demanding tasks
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to connect on a personal level with people of all ages
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills
About The Community
A suburban neighborhood in the greater Cincinnati area, Indian Hill is one of the most affluent places to live in all of Ohio. In addition to its many parks, sports fields, and excellent schools, residents of Indian Hill enjoy living just minutes away from a myriad of shopping, dining, and diverse recreational options.