About First Miami Presbyterian Church
First Miami Presbyterian Church is a vibrant, multi-ethnic church in the heart of Miami, Florida. With a historic building on the beautiful Biscayne Bay, which connects to the Atlantic Ocean, the church is strategically positioned to be accessible to business people, families, and visitors. Diversity is celebrated at First Miami, with members representing more than 40 different countries.
About the Ministry
First Miami Kids Church provides dynamic, Bible-based teaching in a loving, inclusive environment. Children of all ethnicities and abilities are invited to participate as they learn about Jesus in an age-appropriate setting. The ministry supports four classrooms on Sunday mornings and a team of enthusiastic volunteers.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have a strong, personal depth and spiritual grounding and a desire to guide children as they grow in the love of Christ. The leader who will thrive in this role will have an ability to connect relationally with children, families, and volunteers, understand how to create a safe environment where children feel welcomed and loved, and know how to recruit, lead, and equip volunteer teams.
The Minister of Children, Families, and Volunteer Coordination will:
- Provide long-term vision and infrastructure for a sustainable children’s ministry that develops children into lifelong disciples of Jesus.
- Lead and equip a team of children’s ministry volunteers who share ownership of the ministry.
- Shape content and programs to give children and families the knowledge, skills, and experiences they need to love God and love others.
- Bachelor's Degree
- appropriate experience working with children’s programs
- Training and experience working with children who have special needs and their families
- Bilingual (preferred)
About the Community
First Miami is located in the heart of downtown. The area serves as a hub for art, music, and culture with plenty of museums, galleries, and live music venues to explore. Oh, and of course, there’s the beach.