About the Church
Christ Church Christiana Hundred in Wilmington, Delaware is a vibrant, inclusive, and welcoming Episcopal faith community, engaged in God's work to bring all people into a loving, liberating, and life-giving relationship with Jesus Christ. Members come from far and wide and bring a richly diverse set of gifts and talents, living into the calling of coming together to grow in love for God, to love and serve neighbors, and to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
About the Ministry
The Children and Youth Ministry of Christ Church provides faith formation opportunities for families from the time a child is born until they graduate from high school. The unique programs and events go beyond Sunday morning offerings and include a chorister program, preschool connections, and annual mission trips and pilgrimages.
The Ideal Candidate
The Minister for Children & Youth fosters spiritual growth and deepens a connection with God and neighbor for children and youth, assisting families of Christ Church in keeping the promise to support the baptized in their life in Christ. The MCY nurtures, pastors, and advocates for children, youth, and their families while shepherding teachers and leaders, working with them and fellow staff members to design parish programs, events, and offerings.
- Plans, organizes, and administers programs for Christian formation of children and youth in the Episcopal tradition
- Develops teams of members to support programs for children and youth; recruits, trains, and supervises teachers and helps to equip them to be able to lead and guide their students
- Gives prayer, pastoral care, and encouragement to children, youth, leaders, teachers, and families
- Safeguards and advocates for children and youth in all aspects of the life of the parish
- Previous experience in children’s and/or youth ministry in a Christian congregation
- Education includes some college level learning or associate degree
About the Community
Wilmington, Delaware is a thriving, beautiful city in the heart of the Diamond State. It's a perfect spot for nature lovers with its scenic trails, stunning gardens, and even a charming zoo. Art lovers will enjoy the local art galleries of world-renown artists, as well as local creatives. This is a town with a rich, storied history, and with its colonial-era buildings, scenic riverwalk, and gorgeous cityscape, there truly is something for everyone in Wilmington!